Under the direction of the Manager of Applications, the Director of Applications, or the designee, the Software Engineer will be responsible for computer programs, modules, and systems from design and inception to implementation. Also, the candidate will be responsible for user requirements, systems analysis, technical documentation, development modification, preparation of test data, performance of unit testing, and implementation of computer programs in accordance with development standards and organizational goals.
Regular full-time attendance is required during office hours. In addition to regularly scheduled hours, the incumbent is subject to working extra-time, weekends, holidays, late evenings’, and early mornings.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree or higher form of Technical Education
- Oracle and/or UNIX certification
- Two to three years of design and programming experience in Oracle, Unix, and Web environment
- One or more years of system design experience along with exposure to project management
- One or more years of trouble-shooting experience
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Exposure to project life cycle methodology including documentation requirements
- Program and module design skills
- Knowledge of UNIX, LINUX, ORACLE, Oracle Development Tools (form, reports, etc.), and web programming tools such as JSP, Java, C#, and .Net
- Interpreting user requests and system design specifications and applying programming skills to produce a system that meets the stated requirements
- Working independently to accomplish established goals
- Ability to develop technical and user-level documentations
- Maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information
Carter Bloodcare is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. Carter Bloodcare provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants and will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an employee’s or applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic, and veteran or disability status. In addition to federal law requirements, Carter BloodCare complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Carter Bloodcare is a Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.