Sales Representative (Consultant)
Reporting to the Manager of Operations, this position is responsible for planning and implementing effective strategies to recruit, and manage sponsor organizations, and to achieve established blood collection goals. Position will focus on not only retention of current accounts but also developing new accounts and blood drives. Will educate drive coordinators and recruitment committees regarding organizational requirements for hosting a successful and productive blood drive. Provides ongoing support to drive coordinators to ensure blood drives run smoothly and are successful. Provides accurate record keeping in Hemasphere.
Regular full-time attendance is required during office hours.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 2 years experience in sales or marketing preferred
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Customer Service
- Excellent internal/ external customer service skills.
- Team Player
- Ability to work closely and harmoniously with CBC’s management team, donor recruitment personnel, donor groups, individual donors, collection staff, and volunteers. Requires creativity and an open mind to help formulate new recruitment ideas and ways to implement them.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Ability to educate both donors and drive coordinators. Ability to persuade and convince potential donors with effective presentation skills. Ability to maximize opportunities to gain donor group support.
- Ability to work varied hours and some weekends. Must be punctual.
- Organizational Skills
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting aggressive timelines. Must have good time management and organizational skills. Must be detail oriented.
- Strong work ethic/accountability
- Must be comfortable working in a goal environment with a base salary plus bonus structure. Maintain donor confidentiality. Demonstrates initiative. Ability to stay focused while working independently. Ability to admit and take responsibility/ownership of actions.
- Analytical/problem solving
- Ability to use systematic approach to define and solve problems. Must be computer literate.
Carter Bloodcare is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. Carter Bloodcare provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants and will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an employee’s or applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic, and veteran or disability status. In addition to federal law requirements, Carter BloodCare complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Carter Bloodcare is a Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Job Reference #: 13268