Production Technician - East Texas - 8260
Under direction of the Assistant Operations Coordinator - East Texas (Coordinator), the Component Production Technician 1 is responsible for the fractionation of whole blood and the preparation and modification of components (including the proper operation of equipment and the labeling of blood components) for long-term storage or shipment. Functions must be completed in a manner consistent with all applicable standards, procedures, and regulations and with the goals and objectives of the department, and must be in compliance with standards set forth by, but not limited to the following regulatory bodies: FDA, AABB, EU, and OSHA. This job requires the ability to perform in adherence to Carter BloodCare (CBC) core values of integrity, accountability, excellence, and teamwork. The Comp Tech 1 is considered essential staff and must possess time flexibility to respond to emergency, disaster, or weather situations with little or no notice and to attend routine departmental meetings. Regular full-time attendance is required.
- High School Graduate or GED
- Six months' experience in a repetitive work environment preferred
- Six months' experience in blood banking or other regulated environment preferred
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- As a Component Tech 1, the employee is expected to complete training for the Essential Functions within 90 days, as appropriate for the shift they are assigned.
- Ability to document details accurately and completely, both electronically and manually
- Fundamental aptitude for computer skills including use of email, ability to use blood bank software, and routine office applications
- Ability to work independently and efficiently when direct supervision is unavailable
- Ability to work with strict time expectations/restraints/deadlines
- Ability/aptitude to perform in compliance with Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and standards set forth by, but not limited to, the following regulatory bodies: FDA, AABB, EU, and OSHA.
- Ability to identify problems, make sound judgments and balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
- Ability to assimilate into a team and get along with others in a highly diverse work environment
- Ability to remain focused on repetitive tasks.
Carter Bloodcare is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. Carter Bloodcare provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants and will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an employee’s or applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic, and veteran or disability status. In addition to federal law requirements, Carter BloodCare complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Carter Bloodcare is a Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 16107