Phlebotomist 2 -Denton DC (must have supervisory and medical experience)
The Phlebotomist 2 position provides a vital link in the procurement of a safe quality blood product. Essential functions of the Phlebotomist are to assist in smooth and efficient donor flow, to determine donor acceptability, to perform sterile venipuncture for the collection of blood, to provide excellent customer service and to ensure compliance with regulations and standard operating procedures throughout the process.
In the absence of a Supervisor, the position will oversee and assign responsibilities to collections staff, with the exception of hiring and/or terminations. This includes effectively and discreetly solving personnel and donor problems, addressing procedural or behavioral problems, and making verbal or written reports to management.
Additionally, the Phlebotomist 2 will be required to attend and complete annual leadership/development training resources and to mentor/assist with on-the-job development of new hire employees as well as subordinate staff. This position may be required to participate in special projects or programs. Regular full-time attendance is required during office hours.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Some college a plus
- 6 Months to 1 year general work experience, preferably working with the public
- Previous Phlebotomy 1 blood banking experience or medical field experience
- Prefer background in a highly regulated industry
- Bilingual skills and CDL driver a plus
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Computer knowledge
- Excellent customer service and verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Detail-oriented in regards to document review (completeness, accurate, and legibly written), able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
Carter Bloodcare is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. Carter Bloodcare provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants and will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an employee’s or applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic, and veteran or disability status. In addition to federal law requirements, Carter BloodCare complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Carter Bloodcare is a Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 5109