Partnership and Event Specialist - 4700
This position will assist in the development of plans for partner-supported blood drives that produce blood donors during key time periods. It includes the execution of CBC’s contracts and agreements with affinity organizations; overall partnership deliverables, blood drive logistics, sponsorships, partnerships, media partners and community groups. Will work cross-functionally with interested parties to ensure flawless execution and delivery of established collection goals. Position requires use of discretion and independent judgment.
Responsibilities will be focused in initializing CBC resources in areas of activation including blood drive logistics, partner venue details, donor giveaways, sweepstakes execution, marketing touchpoints and deliverables needed such as digital, print, signage, media and other communications channels. Must develop ROI and case studies from each partner event. Regular full time attendance is required during office hours. In addition to some holiday time frames, frequent nights or weekends required for blood drives, partner meetings and events.
- Provide full support of activation elements as noted in contracts and agreements of Partnership (media drives, sports partnerships etc.) and Sponsorship Marketing efforts for CBC as a whole.
- Utilize media added-value opportunities at most appropriate times throughout the year to support existing efforts or create new opportunities with advertising partners.
- Complete Partner analysis and ROI.
- Works with marketing team members to develop strategic plan for Donor Center annual events and supports ROI efforts for annual recap.
- Works toward times of need strategies in all regions. Coordinates with key players for advance planning toward development of collateral, giveaway needs and scripts. Works throughout community with partners and volunteers to encourage participation.
- Works independently and as a team member. Works in conjunction with the Marketing Department, Field Recruitment, Collections (mobiles and centers) to develop and implement marketing programs and collateral materials needed to coordinate and promote events.
- Provide counsel to Central and East Texas area communities for partnerships and opportunities.
- Must maintain close communication with Public Relations department for inclusion in special community events to increase Carter BloodCare’s networking opportunities.
- Must meet/exceed blood drive goals, maintain and balance budget.
- Coordinates with Donor Recruitment and Collections departments to assure events are scheduled 3 - 6 months in advance and fit available staffing resources.
- Develops and cultivates relationships with key stakeholders at multiple levels in sponsoring organizations.
NON ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Stay abreast of event trends, influences and opportunities and alert marketing team members.
- Represent the department and CBC at designated meetings.
- Participate in professional activities to keep abreast of current best practices.
- Performs additional job related responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience; 3-5 years media, sales and/or event planning may be considered
- Minimum 3 years marketing and/or sales experience
- Events, partnerships, sponsorship, experience a plus
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Intermediate computer knowledge required.
- Ability to work flexible hours, and some holiday time periods.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to assess and respond quickly to projects in progress.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter, works well with others, works independently and as an extension of the interested departments it’s representing.
Carter Bloodcare is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. Carter Bloodcare provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants and will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an employee’s or applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic, and veteran or disability status. In addition to federal law requirements, Carter BloodCare complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Carter Bloodcare is a Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.