Under the direction of the Supervisor of Testing & Labeling (Supervisor) and/or the Production Coordinator (Coordinator), and in compliance with regulatory requirements, the Testing & Labeling Technician (Technician) is responsible, upon receipt of donor testing results from the testing lab, for prompt record review and label and release of product for distribution or disposal of unsuitable products, and for reporting test results to third party clients. Functions must be completed in a manner consistent with all applicable standards, procedures, regulations, and departmental goals and objectives, and must be in compliance with standards set forth by, but not limited to, the following regulatory bodies: FDA, AABB, EU, OSHA, and other regulatory agencies, as applicable. This job requires the ability to perform in adherence to Carter BloodCare (CBC) core values of integrity, accountability, excellence, and teamwork. The Technician is considered essential staff and must possess time flexibility to respond to emergency, disaster, weather situations, and testing delays with little or no notice and to attend routine departmental meetings. Regular full-time attendance is required during office hours.
- High School Graduate or equivalency preferred.
- Six months of blood banking or work in a regulated environment preferred.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to document details accurately and completely, both electronically and manually.
- Fundamental aptitude for computer skills including use of email, ability to use blood bank software, and routine office applications.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently when direct supervision is unavailable.
- Ability/aptitude to perform in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures and standards set forth by, but not limited to, the following regulatory agencies: FDA, AABB, EU, and OSHA.
- Understanding of the application of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) to labeling blood components, component storage, quarantine, discard, and distribution.
- Strong customer service skills and ability to communicate with internal and external customers.
- Ability to remain focused on repetitive tasks.
Carter Bloodcare is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. Carter Bloodcare provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants and will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an employee’s or applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic, and veteran or disability status. In addition to federal law requirements, Carter BloodCare complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Carter Bloodcare is a Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 15854