IT Support Specialist 1
Under the direction of the Manager of IS Operations, the IT Support Specialist 1 is primarily responsible to account for and maintain all hardware including PCs, monitors, winterms, printers, scanners, faxes, barcode readers, phones, etc., for the entire facility or the company. Also, the candidate must be able to communicate with staff as required -- keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or outages. In addition, this includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining hardware and IT equipment. The position will be responsible for provision of user support for blood banking and non-blood banking applications.
Regular full-time attendance is required during office hours. In addition to regularly scheduled hours, the candidate is subject to working overtime, weekends, holidays, late evenings, and early mornings.
- IT certificate or computer-related degree from a university or technical school preferred
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED required
- 1 or 2 years of college or an Associate’s Degree preferred
- One or two years of field experience, customer service, and records keeping duties preferred.
- One or two years of working experience with computer equipment preferred.
- One or two years of network and network component experience preferred.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent record keeping and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral.
- Accurate documentation and ability to follow-through.
- Knowledge of computer equipment (PCs, monitors, printers, scanners, faxes, barcode/readers, phones, etc.).
- Provide IT Support relating to technical issues involving core business applications and operating systems. Ability to perform preventive maintenance on IT equipment in a timely manner.
- Ability to understand and follow-through Standard Operating Procedures, Policies and/or Guides.
- Ability to install, diagnose, repair, maintain, and upgrade all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance.
Carter Bloodcare is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. Carter Bloodcare provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants and will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an employee’s or applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic, and veteran or disability status. In addition to federal law requirements, Carter BloodCare complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Carter Bloodcare is a Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.