Under the direction of VP, the IT Director is primarily responsible to oversee the operation of the IS department and to ensure it aligns with corporate strategies and the business objectives of the organization.
The individual’s principal goals are to manage IS operation, company infrastructure, network portfolios, network applications, security, wired and wireless technologies, business and blood banking application, hardware, databases, backup/restore, operating systems, voice/data communication, telephony, and other technology components for the organization and to attain all service level agreements for the user community. The IT Director will plan, coordinate, direct, and design operational and support activities of the IS department. Provide direction and support for IT solutions that enhance mission-critical business operations.
The candidate will work closely with decision makers within and other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective IT technology solutions for all areas of the organization.
In addition to regularly scheduled hours, the candidate is subject to working overtime, weekends, holidays, late evenings, and early in the day.
- University degree in the field of computer science or information systems and 8-10 years related work experience.
- Master’s degree in either of these fields or Master of Business Administration with technology as a core component preferred.
- Certifications in VMWare, Citrix, Security Appliances, Windows Networking, and CISCO are preferred.
- 8-10 years of experience managing and/or directing medium to large scale IT operation involving compliant and business applications, and databases (Oracle and SQL Server).
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure strategic planning and development, project management, and policy development.
- Good understanding and technical knowledge of current network and operating systems, hardware, protocols, security, and standards.
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
- Knowledge of business needs, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
- Superior understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to apply information technology in solving business problems.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT.
- Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent organizational skills coupled with written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of computer equipment and accessories (PCs, Monitors, Printers, Scanners, Faxes, Barcodes Readers, Phones, mobile devices, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of LAN/WAN components, network operation systems, databases, internet, firewall, security, servers, PCs, communication protocols, and networking hardware.
- Knowledge of database and some level of application systems.
- Ability to conduct and direct research of IS issues, advancements, and products.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, with strong cooperative, and leadership skills.
Carter Bloodcare is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. CBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants and will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an employee’s or applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic, and veteran or disability status. In addition to federal law requirements, Carter BloodCare complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. CBC is a Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.