Distribution (Hospital Services) Representative - DFW
***This position involves issuance, storage, and transportation of blood products to hospitals throughout DFW.***
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor (Supervisor), the Hospital Service Representative (HSR) is responsible for performing the distribution functions during the assigned shift. Under direct supervision, the HSR will ensure accuracy in all unit transactions and adherence to all regulations and procedures governing the issuance, storage, and transportation of blood products. Consistent with the goals and objectives of the department and Carter BloodCare (CBC), HSRs must maintain an excellent driving record, present a professional appearance, demonstrate good attention to detail, be able to lift 40 pounds, and possess ‘above average’ customer service and communication skills. Regular full-time attendance is required during office hours.
- High School Graduate
- Six months or more driving in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex area preferred
- Some experience with computers, printers, and cellular phones
- Some experience with direct customer service interaction
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Good verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability/aptitude to learn computer blood banking/inventory management software and programs.
- Working knowledge of area highways, freeways, major thoroughfares, and alternate routes to various areas.
- Ability/aptitude to learn applicable AABB standards and FDA regulations associated with distribution, storage, and transportation of blood products.
- Good driving record.
Carter Bloodcare is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. Carter Bloodcare provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants and will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an employee’s or applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic, and veteran or disability status. In addition to federal law requirements, Carter BloodCare complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Carter Bloodcare is a Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 20666