Under the direction of the Vice President of Corporate Services the Enterprise Architect:
- Analyzes and defines IT systems architecture and aligns IS infrastructure and technology objectives with the organization’s goals and strategy.
- Develops and implements a strategy for reducing the complexity of information systems in a cost effective manner.
- Provides guidance and support for systems administration of databases and operating systems including LINUX, UNIX, Windows, Oracle and Oracle DBA, SQL Server, and applicable LAN/WAN, laboratory testing instruments, and working order of peripheral devices.
- Directs IS Operations, providing strategic oversight for the Operations Manager and the support team while ensuring goals and initiatives are consistent with those of corporate services and the organization by monitoring results, maintaining discipline, and assessing the quality of service that the support staff provides to Carter BloodCare’s user community.
In addition to regularly scheduled hours, the incumbent is subject to working extra time, weekends, holidays, late evenings, or early mornings as scheduled. Regular full-time attendance is required during office hours.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or closely related academic discipline.
- Certifications in CISCO, Oracle, Network, Unix/Linux are a plus.
- 5-6 years of experience with systems administration and troubleshooting with Linux and UNIX.
- 5-6 years of Oracle DBA experience in a very large multi data-base environment.
- 1-2 years of SQL Server experience.
- 2-3 years of experience with large data centers including disaster recovery operation.
- 2-3 years of management, supervisory, or consulting experience in an information systems environment.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Expertise in the application of current information technologies, including expert knowledge of LINUX, UNIX, Oracle, Oracle DBA, SQL Server, applicable LAN/WAN components, including Windows, and PC.
- Thorough knowledge of the Cisco UCS environments.
- Excellent VMware skills required to administer clustered virtual servers.
- Thorough knowledge of Storage Area Networks including SAN & switch configuration.
- Administrative experience with MS SQL Cluster 2012 or later.
- Ability to resolve technical problems in a timely manner and ability to multi-task.
- Communication and presentation skills to relate to technical developers and business managers as well as users at all levels in the organization.
- Thorough understanding of business needs and practices.
- Ability to deliver projects within budgetary and time constraints.
- Ability to assess and capitalize on emerging trends and technologies.
Carter Bloodcare is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. Carter Bloodcare provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants and will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an employee’s or applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic, and veteran or disability status. In addition to federal law requirements, Carter BloodCare complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Carter Bloodcare is a Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.