Clinical Apheresis Registered Nurse - PRN
The Clinical Apheresis Cellular Therapy Nurse (CACTN) performs cellular therapy collection procedures for Carter BloodCare (CBC) clients in and around the Dallas/Fort Worth area. The CACTN follows CBC Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), assesses and monitors donors/patients; contacts patients’ physicians or a CBC Medical Director as the situation warrants for medical consults for clarification of orders and/or emergency situations; and ensures that excellent customer service is provided to CBC customers at all times. CACTN is also expected to help/work with apheresis technicians as needed. May have to travel to provide support to CBC affiliated clients, work overtime and weekends. Regular full-time attendance is required during office hours.
- RN with active unencumbered licensure in the State of Texas
- CPR Certification
- Nursing experience, one (1) year oncology unit or clinic preferred
- Experience with indwelling catheters preferred
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to clearly speak, hear, write, understand, and communicate in English.
- Excellent customer service skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills and ability to maintain donor/ patient confidentially.
- Ability to effectively and politely communicate with peers and all levels of management and the health care team, including physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and blood bank staff.
- Professional appearance and demeanor with an ability to work independently or as a team member and be flexible.
- Accurate and detailed documentation with patient procedures, equipment, comply with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and current Good Tissue Practices (cGTP) requirements
- Complex problem-solving skills
- Advanced math including multiplication division, and some scientific notation
- Effective organization skills and the ability to multitask effectively
- Strict compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) as well as current Good Tissue Practices and other regulations and standards in all aspects of procedure, patient care, equipment maintenance and documentation.
Carter Bloodcare is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. Carter Bloodcare provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants and will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an employee’s or applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic, and veteran or disability status. In addition to federal law requirements, Carter BloodCare complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Carter Bloodcare is a Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.