Clinical Apheresis Registered Nurse - Full Time
The Clinical Apheresis Registered Nurse (CARN) collects leukocytes and performs therapeutic apheresis procedures for Carter BloodCare (CBC) clients in and around the Dallas/ Fort Worth area. The CARN follows CBC Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) assesses and monitors patient/donor while receiving an apheresis treatment; contacts patient physicians or a CBC Medical Director as situation warrants for medical consults for clarification of orders, transfusion reactions and/or emergency situations; and ensures that excellent customer service is provided to CBC customers at all times. Regular full-time attendance is required during office hours.
- RN with active unencumbered licensure in the State of Texas
- CPR Certification
- Minimum one (1) year nursing experience in a hospital setting, oncology unit, or clinic
- Intensive care unit, dialysis, ER, oncology, and/or pediatric experience preferred
- Apheresis experience preferred
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Accurate and detailed documentation
- Comply with cGMPs in all aspects of procedures, patient care, equipment maintenance, and documentation
- Subject to overtime and call as required by CBC
- Complex problem solving skills
- Effective organization skills
Carter Bloodcare is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. Carter Bloodcare provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants and will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an employee’s or applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic, and veteran or disability status. In addition to federal law requirements, Carter BloodCare complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Carter Bloodcare is a Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.