Cellular Therapy Technologist
Under the direction of the Stem Cell Department Head and the Medical Director of Clinical Services (Director), the Cellular Therapy Technologist 1 (CTT 1) will participate in activities in the Stem Cell Processing Department (Department). These activities include, but may not be limited to, cellular therapy (CT) processing, performing and troubleshooting quality control of reagents and equipment, participating in educational instruction of students and new employees, familiarity and full compliance with all CT and general laboratory regulations, and participating in design and implementation of new methodology for processing CT products. By accomplishing these duties the CTT 1 helps to ensure that daily operations in the Department meet and follow all established guidelines and provide excellence in service and patient care. Regular full-time attendance is required during office hours.
- MT (ASCP)/equivalent or eligible with certification attained within 90 days of hire
- Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology or a related field in laboratory science
- One year of experience as a medical technologist (preferred)
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Basic blood banking knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Very strong customer service practices
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Word and Excel strongly desired)
- Ability to work independently and make sound reasonable decisions based on level of experience and training
- Excellent math skills
- Pleasant, courteous, flexible professional personality and appearance
- Effectively communicate and work as a team player
- Ability to effectively and politely communicate with peers and all levels of management, physicians, and healthcare personnel
Carter Bloodcare is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. Carter Bloodcare provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants and will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an employee’s or applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic, and veteran or disability status. In addition to federal law requirements, Carter BloodCare complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Carter Bloodcare is a Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 18406